If you’re on a Mastodon server, you can keep your lists of follows and followers hidden on your profile if you want to:
- Log in through your server’s website
- Click on Edit profile if you’re on the desktop website. If you’re on the mobile website click on your profile icon in the top right corner, then Edit profile.
- Click on the Privacy & Reach tab
- Scroll down to the Show follows and followers on profile option and make sure it is un-ticked
- Click the Save changes button
You will still be able to see your follows and follower lists when you look at your profile while logged in, but other people will not be able to see them.
If you change your mind, repeat the process above but tick the box instead.