It’s really easy:
- Log in through your server’s website or on an app
- Start a new post
- Click the poll icon, this usually looks like a bar chart 📊
- Write your question in the main part of the post
- Add up to four responses, and describe each option (you can use emoji too)
- Set the duration, between 5 mins and 7 days
- Click Publish to post the poll!
Allowing multiple responses on polls
There’s a slightly hidden option when you’re posting a poll where you can allow people to choose more than one response. To switch on multiple responses:
- Log in through your server’s website
- Create the poll via the web interface as described above, but don’t post it yet
- Click on a circle next to one of the options, the circles will all change into rounded squares, and the poll will now allow multiple responses
If you want to go back to single response, click on a square to change it back to circles before you post.
Some third party apps also allow you to activate multiple responses for a poll.